Dr. Yashar and Dr. Mendelsohn practice comprehensive ophthalmology for children and adults. Their advanced fellowship training and use of state-of-the-art technology enables the highest quality eye care.
More on Lasik:
LASIK and PRK can be used to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism.
In order to eligible for
LASIK, you must meet the following criteria:
1. Be at least
21 years old
2. Have a stable prescription
3. Have a treatable prescription
4. Have a cornea that is thick enough
5. Not be pregnant or nursing
6. Have a healthy cornea, retina and optic nerve
7. Have no other contra-indications
8. Have no history of ocular herpes
9. Have no history of collagen vascular diseases, autoimmune diseases or immunodeficiency states.
Not everyone who wears glasses is a candidate for LASIK.
Please be prepared to discuss your particular situation and prescription with Dr. Alyson Yashar.
© 2002-2017, Woodcliff Lake Ophthalmology, LLP.